Thursday, December 6, 2012

I need your help! =)

Friends!  Everyone has been asking how they can help since day one.  You guys have been there and all of your kind words, prayers and mental hugs have kept me going up until now.  I have been quite stubborn and insistent on doing everything myself and not accepting help from anyone, but as I do more and more research and find out more and more about what I will be facing it is becoming clear to me that this is going to get reallllly expensive realllllly quick.  I already have a stack of medical bills and it is only getting bigger as the surgery approaches (not sure what that is going to cost.)   On top of the surgery, I am going to need post operation therapy.  The thing about modern healthcare, is that they refuse to accept that there is any other way to cure cancer besides chemo and radiation therapy.   My thoughts were initially the same, but the more I read about chemo and radiation therapy, the less I buy into it.  For those who do not know how it works, chemotherapy is basically a poison.  Well it is poison and was initially designed as a weapon during WWI.  I know this chemical can maybe help cure me, but I think our bodies were designed to cure themselves.  The human body is capable of doing some amazing things and I don't think it is so far stretched to think that we can destroy whatever it is inside us that has been corrupted into harming us.  With this idea I have been endlessly searching for ways to return my body back to the way it was before this disease entered my brain.  I want to feel pure and whole again and to do this I am finding some pretty convincing therapies.  I went through chemo with my mother and it was pure torture.  I do not wish to experience that myself and I think anyone who has been through it will tell you the same.  With this is mind, I hope that you guys will help me anyway possible.  Even if it is just a dollar, it all adds up and we can fight this together.  Lets set out and prove the Western World that there is a cure for cancer and it is all around us, lets decide poisoning our bodies to the point of near death is not an acceptable 'cure' and lets get healthy :)  Even if you can't afford to help, I am still accepting mental hugs, words of wisdom, prayers, and high fives for free.  Thanks so much and I love you all.  

Here is a link to the fundraising page my sister so lovingly put together.

Ryan's Cure!

Thanks again for any help you can offer.  I appreciate all of you so much!

Ryan

10 comments:

  1. My sister is in medical school in Seattle at Bastyr University and is studying Naturopathic Medicine. To be an ND not an MD. Natural approaches vs. prescription drugs. Right now she's working in an oncology center and she has seen many successful cases with natural therapies vs. chemo. Let me know if you'd like some more info on types of therapies so you can do the research yourself :) She read your blog and loves your lifestyle and diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ANYONE can beat this, it's YOU Ryan! Lots of love and support coming your way!

    (Mike Lawrence's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eu realmente desejo que você vença este monstro que está aí. Acredite, estarei orando por você daqui do Brasil. Sua história me tocou e ao ver a forma que hoje você enxerga a vida é espetacular e digno de respeito. Deus estará ao seu lado e hoje minhas orações serão dedicadas a ti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't buy into treatment? My little brother wouldn't be alive today without it. Medullblastoma would have 100% killed him if he tried to eat raw vegetables to cure himself. My friend is battling stage IV glioblastoma at the moment. He ha surgery, chemo and rads and has outlived his prognosis of three months by a year and a half. Don't hastily rule it out. Both have or has brain cancer and would be dead without treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not ruled anything out. I simply want to know all of my options. I have done copious amounts of research and my own investigation on the treatments, remedies and therapies available to us, I now need to decide personally along with doctors (both medical and natural) to see where to go. There is no way you could be 100% sure that he would be dead, I am so glad is he not- but I have heard story after story of people being told they have X amount of time to live and have been able to outlive their prognosis by focusing on the treatments, life style changes and therapies which I am learning about. There is waaaaaaay more to everything I am learning than just eating raw vegetables.

      Delete
  5. I completely understand you wanting to check out every avenue and option. I would do the same!:). I guess because I have had two people really close to me be affected by brain cancer and *knock on wood* they are still alive, I'm a little biased because I've seen it put one in remission and has let the other live nearly two years longer with the most aggressive form of brain cancer out there...and he is a cardiothoriac surgeon! At any rate, you are an intelligent man and at the end of the day, you chose what works best for you. I will be following your blog! I wish you the best of luck. I know you will beat it. xo Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just a complete skeptic when it comes to everything. I want to know everything about everything before I make a decision. I have gone through the typical therapies already with my loved ones, and although I know they have the potential to work, I am only 27 years old and I don't want to have to worry about this coming back in 10-15-even 30 years later. I want it gone and for it to stay gone. I think the cure is out there and we just have to figure the correct combination or recipe if you will. I am not ignorant to the fact that chemo and radiation can and will work for some people. My question is whether it is right for me. I asked one of my doctors what I could do to help maybe start the curing process now and he said nothing. He made it sound as though I was doomed to this from the day I was born, where I truly feel I did this to myself somehow or someway whether it was the foods I ate, the chemicals I exposed myself to or the millions of other ways your body can be harmed. This has changed my life and really made me become exponentially healthier in the process. It is not about medicine versus 'holistic' healing, it is about what will get me healthy for the rest of my life and that is the answer that I need to attempt to figure out. I do not want to offend anyone who has chosen the 'traditional' path because that is what worked for them, I am my own case and my statistics start and end with me. Thanks for your support! Also, which Christina is this? I like knowing who I am talking to ;)

      Delete
    2. I'm a skeptic myself. I've think it's an inherited trait of mine. I'm a vegetarian myself. I wheatgrass, don't even drink milk, flaxseed and juice. I've been this way for awhile now. I started this kind of way of life because I started noticing everyone around me get cancer, or some other preventable illness (well, what I believe are potentially preventable.) It scared the shit out of me. Sorry to be foul, but cancer has affected every aspect of my life. At any rate, I started changing the way I think about consuming food. So, I don't want you to think I am so kind of person that solely believes in modern medicine. I'm quite the contrary. Where I differ is in that I think my way of life can PREVENT these things, but my scientific mind doesn't think that I would try and cute myself solely based upon my lifestyle. I would still try all of the options offered to me. At the end of the day, you and I know that we don't know what our fate is. We don't sit around wondering if my little brother will have his brain cancer come back. All we can do is move forward. You can't spend life pondering the what ifs as whys. I don't believe for a spilt second that you were doomed from birth. Everything happens by chance. It's as simple as that. Don't try and make a story out of it. I don't want to bore you to tears. I didn't expect to have so much to say. One thing I wanted to tell you is google the Hippocrates Institute in Florida. My friend who has been eating raw for 20 years went to a seminar there and she met a ton of people cured from cancer there. Naturally, of course. On another note, I completely stumbled upon your blog. I'm just a random Christina:). x. Ps, typing this narrative on my iPhone has been a particularly arduous task. Forgive my grammatical mistakes:P

      Delete